Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Rebirth of a Nation?

OK, so this is what it has come to. I am officially opening a sports blog, tentatively entitled "Skinography" until a more suitable name can be found. Why? Because I intend to solve world hunger with this article. Not really. This is to appease people who whine incessantly about not being able to read this article on the FF board and to those on the FF board who get tired of me posting articles that could double as the words of Norm Hitzges (god of DFW sports). What will this blog entail? For the moment, it will contain football related news and thoughts. Most of this will be NFL related, but there will be the occasional college thought in the article. So what about the NFL will be included? Good question. Since I, and most of the people reading this will be Cowboys fans, there will be a Wednesday article each week looking back on the Cowboys previous game. My goal in publishing this so late after the game is to avoid any of the brash comments often made by sports fans/journalists immediately following a win or loss. I pride myself in my ability to look at games from a very neutral persepective when it comes to the NFL.

Each Friday will contain an article focusing on the NFL as a whole, with bits of college mixed in. The Friday article is the big article and will contain an introduction, random thoughts/stats/ideas/controversies of the previous week, my power rankings (along with those of Quinn Brunk), and predictions for the upcoming week (also with Quinn Brunk). I am considering a Thursday guest article edition for each week, which could be about anything regarding football. This article might also be included in the Wednesday or Friday edition if I deem worthy. For this current week, there will only be a Wednesday and Friday edition. Feel free to send me any questions you feel like at my email jrobertskinner@gmail.com.

There is a downside to this. I am an unemployed Merchant Mariner. Thus, at any time not known to me, I could be whisked away on a vessel for some reason or another. Either way, I will let you, my faithful followers, know. I hope that you enjoy reading this article as much as I enjoy writing it (and maybe you will learn something in the process). Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment